Friday, May 25, 2012

we really are special...

just a quick rant...because it's almost the end of the year and while I have had really great experiences...I had a thought, that kind of made me a little irritated...when I was in Elementary school- maybe even Middle school...we called our classes like Art, Music, Home Ec (do they still have that any more?) and Gym- Specials...because that was how they were treated...special times to get out of your regular classroom, and learn something different, new and something that would make you a well-rounded individual...

now they call them (at least in Baltimore City) Resources...doesn't have quite the magical ring to it that Specials has...maybe that's why the kids take it so much for granted...



I know I can be a bit of an overachiever...wish I could instill that quality in a few more of my students...




sigh...at least it's Friday and a long weekend!  hooray!


No comments: