Friday, October 31, 2008
Big Headed Cat by BobbleNoggin
Glitter Halloween Star Ornaments by SylviaAnderson
"I'll get you my pretty" by CaliGirlCrafts
witch feet earrings by GhostWorldGurl
Monster Moustaches by Girl on the Rocks
Creepy Creatures Glass Magnets by punkybunnyglassgifts
okay...I'm done :)
this is where the students drop their work off to be graded...and old microwave...how funny is that??
my favorite part...is the letter grades taped over the buttons...do you get an 'A' if you push the button before you turn it in?? :p
Thursday, October 30, 2008
I had no place to put a pumpkin this year, but if I did...I'd totally want to make one like this :p you can see the tutorial on Etsy here!
Monica: Joey, what are you gonna do when you have a baby?
Joey: I'm gonna be in the waitin' room, handing out cigars!
Chandler: Yes, Joey's made arrangements to have his baby in a movie from the 50's.
Susan: You get to be the baby's father. Everyone knows who you are. Who am I? There's Father's Day, there's Mother's Day, there's no... Lesbian Lover Day!
Ross: Every day is Lesbian Lover Day!
Ross: Everybody, there's someone I'd like you to meet. Yeah. This is Ben. Ben, this is everybody.
Phoebe: Susan, he looks just like you!
I just made my first purchase from a wholesale site, and I must say, I am in love with my new discount :) I can not wait until the Gem & Jewelry show on Sunday...
to everyone who's been supporting me along this journey to a legitimate business...humongous thanks :)
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
and even though we were in different states...my mom and I watched it "together" :)
I somehow stumbled upon this great illustration, by artist Mark Geyer...I love how many people love the Great Pumpkin :)
Friday, October 24, 2008
one of my most favorite holiday deserts, is a pumpkin roll...once the month of October hits...I start to crave it...since it's made with pumpkin...I think it's an appropriate dessert for Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas! and trust me, I make it for all of them! if you make it...I guarantee you'll be hooked too!
The recipe...from allrecipes.com:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch jelly roll pan or cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir in pumpkin puree, eggs, and lemon juice. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Spread the mixture evenly.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 minutes.
- Lay a damp linen towel on the counter, sprinkle it with confectioner's sugar, and turn the cake onto the towel. Carefully roll the towel up (lengthwise) with the cake in it. Place the cake-in-towel on a cooling rack and let it cool for 20 minutes.
- Make the icing: In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and sugar with a wooden spoon or electric mixer.
- When the cake has cooled 20 minutes, unroll it and spread icing onto it. Immediately re-roll (not in the towel this time), and wrap it with plastic wrap. Keep the cake refrigerated or freeze it for up to 2 weeks in aluminum foil. Cut the cake in slices just before serving.
so a big thanks to those who read regularly, semi-regularly, randomly, or just once :)
I'm on the verge of something very big happening...but let's just say my business plans are starting to come to fruition...the hopes of being my own boss, and starting a business...not just a dream, but almost a reality!
so happy birthday to you, bloggy...thanks for helping me get my creative juices flowing...and out there to share with others :)
don't get me wrong...fall is my absolute favorite season...the chill in the air, the fun warm sweaters and pretty scarves...and of course, the cozy feeling when you get to finally go to bed at night...and now that its cold, all the cats have migrated on to the bed...they keep my legs warm :)
so I digress...here are some fun Etsy Acorn themed finds for this cloudy Friday fall afternoon!
Neawear - Autumn Necklace
truLuxe - felted acorns
Corrabelle - acorn rubber stamp
meraldesign- Sterling and Smoky Quartz Acorn Cluster Necklace
and no list about acorns would be complete without a squirrel :)
Joannarutter - Squirrel Away II. Necklace
Monday, October 20, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Chandler: They do me?
Phoebe: You know, like... uh, okay: "Could that report be any later?"
Chandler: I don't sound like that.
Ross: Oh, oh Chandler...
Joey: Yeah, you do.
Ross: "The hills were alive with the sound of music.
Joey: My scones!
Phoebe, Ross, & Joey: "My scones!"
Chandler: Okay, I don't sound like that. That is so not true. That is so not... That is so not... Oh, shut up!
Ross: Phebes, why would you want to operate a drill press?
Phoebe: Just for some short-term work. You know, until I get back some of my massage clients.
Chandler: Pirates again?
Phoebe: No, nothing like that. I was just such a dummie. I taught this "massage-yourself-at-home workshop," and they are.
Ross: Are you not seeing him anymore?
Monica: No. You know, sometimes just... things doesn't work out.
Chandler: And this has nothing to do with the fact that he needs a note to get out of gym.
Tuesday, October 07, 2008
Now, I have to list 6 random facts about myself...and tag 5 of my bloggy friends! sooooooo...I'm going to continue the Etsy love...and tag...
1. JellyBeans - http://jellybeansart.blogspot.com
2. APrettyRock - http://www.aprettyrock.com/blog
3. TummyAche - http://julieknoblock.blogspot.com
4. Gennine - http://www.geninne.com
5. ButtUglee - http://JENNIFERAJONES.TYPEPAD.COM
Six Random things...about me!
1. When I watch TV, the volume level has to be on an even number...both my parents do it too...we don't think it's weird :)
2. When I was younger, every year for Christmas, I'd ask for a puppy...now I have three cats
3. I love soup...I could eat it every day if I had to...and I eat it 12 months a year...even in the summer
4. Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday, I turn on the Christmas music and movies the day after Thanksgiving, and I keep the decorations up until my birthday (January 11)...and every year I watch most of the 'A Christmas Story' 24-hour marathon on TBS
5. I've always wanted to be a children's book author/illustrator, just like Dr Seuss
6. The ringtone for my cell phone is the Charlie Brown Peanuts Theme
Monday, October 06, 2008
Pot-luck Dinner and Silent Auction
Wednesday, October 8
6:00 to 7:30 pm
5315 Harford Road, Baltimore
Faith Community United Methodist Church
(Corner of Harford Rd. and Gibbons Ave., parking is in back)
Fire struck the Gaffney family in northeast
Baltimore last month. While no one was injured, the
Gaffney's home and belongings on Glenmore Avenue
were completely destroyed.
All are welcome to join in an evening of community
on October 8, with the goal of doing what we can to
provide additional emotional and financial support
to the Gaffney's as they continue the difficult
process of rebuilding.
We will ask for a donation of $10-20 per family on a
sliding scale, and will be hosting a silent auction
to benefit the family. Auction items are available
for early bidding online. For more information, and
to RSVP, please visit
We sincerely hope you can join us on October 8.
more cute decorations from Pier 1!
and how fun are these Halloween colored M&Ms??
Friday, October 03, 2008
Rachel: Monica, would you calm down? The credit card people said that you only have to pay for the stuff that you bought.
Monica: Still... it's just such reckless spending.
Ross: I think when someone steals your credit card, they've kind of already thrown caution to the wind.
Chandler: Wow, what a geek. They spent $69.95 on a Wonder Mop.
Monica: That's me.
Chandler: Joe... Joe... Joe... Stalin?
Joey: Stalin. Stalin. Do I know that name? It sounds familiar.
Chandler: Well, it does not ring a bell with me.
Joey: Joe Stalin. You know, that's pretty good.
Chandler: Might wanna try, "Joseph."
Joey: Joseph Stalin. I think you'd remember that!
Chandler: Take off their hats!
Phoebe: Popes in a Volkswagen!
Phoebe: I love that joke.
Thursday, October 02, 2008
and how adorable is this new stuff from Pottery Barn??
So hit up my etsy shop, and start shopping...it's for a good cause, after all :)
(photo courtesy of JenMenkhaus)
My fellow Baltimore-Etsyer's have put together the mother of all give-aways...all you have to do is join our mailing list (if you have not done some already) AND visit a participating artists shop and leave a comment here about your favorite item(s). Winner will be chosen at random on Thanksgiving Day - just in time for Cyber Monday!
so...what are you waiting for?? go to the blog to sign up and get started!!
I love magazines...but I have so little time to sit and read them, so I save them for my moments of relaxation...and now that the weather's gotten a little chillier, I'll make a cup of tea, get a nice cozy blanket and sit on the couch with my magazines...ahhh relaxation bliss :)
Another favorite way of mine to relax...watching reruns of Friends...
Our featured Etsy Bloggers Team member for the month of October is Jen, from BabyFriendlyBeads! Not having any little ones of my own (that aren't furry) but recently many of my friends have become parents...so I can see the pure genius behind her work! Give your baby something to play with, that's not hair, or a pair of earrings, but a stretchy bracelet or necklace...
you can read more about her on her cute blog, Mama's Magic