Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I am in love...aka What I'm Working on Wednesday

with all things metal...I took my first class today in metalsmithing at the Art League school in Alexandria...and well...it was so fabulous, I can't wait until next week!

calling, totally found...I'm already dreaming up all the fun designs I'll work on next time, and the one after that...I just wish I had a place to set up a little studio now...but with the lack of space, blowtorches and tanks of gas just don't seem like they will be in the immediate future...I can just imagine cats on fire...not good :p














today we learned some inlay and overlay techniques...got to use cool metal saws, hammers and learned soldering techniques...and even used punches with a hydrolic lift...

by far, the coolest day ever.

No comments: