Tuesday, February 05, 2013

recipe box: healthy pizza bites!

I love me some pizza bagels.  bagel bites, full sized ones.  you name it, I love it.

but they are certainly not the healthiest thing to eat...and when it came to the super bowl...i was not ready to throw my diet* completely out the window. 

*okay, not a diet per se...I just don't want to start eating bad again...and the super bowl is a slippery-slope for that...day of junk food!


so Bonnie and I started planning out our menu a few days before, and she was making guacamole, stuffed mushrooms, pigs in a blanket...and I was down for veggies and dip, baked mozzarella bites and pizza bites.  the mozzarella sticks never made it out...but I did make buffalo chicken dip instead...not for healthy-ness, but for pure deliciousness :P



but i LOVED how the pizza bites turned out, so i thought i'd share the recipe with you all :)  i found a few places on the internets that had some recipe ideas and sort of mushed them all together to make these.


I give you, pizza bites!


Ingreedients:

whole wheat tortillas
pizza sauce
mozzarella cheese
garlic powder
oregano

and toppings- i used mini pepperoni, but want to try peppers and onions next time!


directions:

preheat your oven to 400 degrees

using a cookie cutter- or a glass, or whatever you can cut circles with- cut as many circles as you can from each tortilla.
* I saved the extra pieces to toast up in the oven to make chips for our guacamole with :)


 on a baking sheet- i lined mine with foil- place out as many mini pizza custs as you'd like to make

add the pizza sauce, cheese and toppings

sprinkle with some garlic salt and oregano


bake for 8-10 minutes *keep an eye on them, mine took a little longer, but my oven is weird...


oh yeah, then enjoy!!



an easy, and not so unhealthy way to eat pizza!!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recipe! This is gonna be tonights dinner!

Lauren said...

awesome Beth! they are super yummy...and you can have lots since they are so small! ;) hope they tur out great!