Wednesday, September 10, 2008

thoughts and prayers for a fellow blogger

it's funny how you can feel like you know someone that you've never met...I know I feel that way about many of my friends in the blogging community, and sometimes I feel like I know more about them then people I see in my everyday life...they share pictures, their thoughts, their families, their creative passions...

many times I find someone's blog by a post on another blog I was reading...sometimes I can't even back-track to figure out how I got there in the first place! but in the case of this blogger, I can remember...1. scrapbooker of the year for Creating Keepsakes magazine, Elizabeth Kartchner keeps a sweet blog tracking her absolutely fabulous scrapbook creations, as well as pictures and stories about her adorable family...2. her friend Stephanie Nielson (aka Nie Nie) also keeps a wonderful blog, about her family (husband Christian and their four children)...tragically the two were involved in a plane crash about a month ago, and are in for a long recovery in a burn unit out in Arizona...her sister keeps updates on her blog for all of us to read...

this to me is a perfect example of why I love to blog...I don't know these people, and I'll most likely never meet them...but I feel compelled to wish them well, and send good thoughts for their recovery...

If you need a good read, visit her blog...its full of heart warming stories of family, friends and is truly inspirational, funny, and it will make you fall in love with this family!

if you'd like to help the Nielson family, you can donate to their recovery fund...or send cards, letters, or just a prayer

No comments: