Wednesday, February 02, 2011

what I'm working on - the Fiction Project

okay, I'm not going to lie...I'm a little terrified and a little excited of this new project I'm taking on...but I am submitting a book to the Fiction Project

I stumbled upon the Art House Co-op's website while browsing through the blogs of some of my favorite illustrators who were participating in the Sketchbook Project...I was bummed to find out that I had missed out, and the deadline to be a part of it had passed, but upon further inspection I noticed that the site had other projects that were just beginning...

the part of me that loves to write and hopes very much someday to be a children's book author and illustrator was so intrigued by this Fiction Project, that I signed up immediately!  it's essentially the same as the Sketchbook Project, but instead of mostly drawings, this project revolves around words...

the description of the project, in their own words...


"Calling all authors, 'zine makers, comic-book writers, diarists, poets and storytellers: Our library needs your words!

The Fiction Project is an opportunity to tell stories in a different way by fusing text and visual art. Add your voice to this year's coast-to-coast tour and create new work grounded in the act of writing. After traveling across the country, the Fiction Project will enter into the Brooklyn Art Library's narrative collection, archiving your stories to share them with the public."

my book arrived last week, and I am just about to get started...each book has a theme, and the one I've chosen for mine...Happy Thoughts...



as I start to work on this project- which has to be totally complete by May 1st! - I will post the pages here on my blog :)

hopefully this is the start of a great new adventure, and will get my creative juices flowing...

oh and if you happen to live in: Brooklyn, NY San Francisco, CA Chicago, IL Seattle, WA Winter Park, FL  you can see the Fiction Project as it tours the country!

No comments: