Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What I'm Working on - first floor revamp

when I first moved out of Canton, and into good old Pigtown...I was pretty sure that it was going to be a temporary situation...I never thought we'd still be on this block, in this tiny rowhouse, but alas here we are...and my need for change has once again reared its ugly head...so since we can't really do much in the way of re-organizing any of the rooms in the house (read: the furniture really only fits in one way) I did think long and hard about how to make better use of the first floor...

we have a kitchen table that usually gets piled up with "stuff" and not actually eaten at...and now that I have lots of studying to do, and just work in general, it would be nice to have a place to spread out if I needed...



also, in the solution of The Great Cat Territory Wars of 819...some new couch covers have been attained...here's hoping they solve part of our problem...



and lastly, the kitchen is now pretty much storage, but the room feels a lot bigger with the table out of it...since it might actually get used where it is now, I think it's a good move...now to decide if getting a better storage system for the kitchen is worth it...in the interest of how long we potentially will still live here, I think it might be time to hit up Ikea...


oh, and to get stuff hung up on the walls...time to make it feel more like home :)

*disclaimer* home will always be NJ still...no matter what :)

No comments: