I made a few changes, because I didn't have heavy cream, so I substituted cream of chicken soup, and I didn't have any dry white wine, so I just used extra chicken stock...and last change was using gnocchi instead of biscuits to be my dumplings...because I love gnocchi :)
it turned out really well, and we had leftovers that re-heated and tasted just as good!
I highly recommend this one!
For the original recipe, go here!
- 3/4 pound carrots (about 4), cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 8)
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 6 (store-bought or Easy Drop Biscuits; see recipe), split **gnocchi**
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
1. In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, toss together the carrots, celery, onion, and flour. Place the chicken on top and season with the poultry seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the wine and broth.
2. Cover and cook until the chicken and vegetables are tender, on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 2 1⁄2 to 3 hours (this will shorten total cooking time).
3. Thirty minutes before serving, prepare the Easy Drop Biscuits (if using).
4. Ten minutes before serving, add the peas, cream, and ½ teaspoon salt to the chicken and stir to combine. Cover and cook until heated through, 5 to 10 minutes more.
5. To serve, place the bottom halves of the biscuits in shallow bowls, then top with the chicken mixture and the remaining biscuit halves.