Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What I'm Working on - new designs in clay!

last week I got to attend a workshop held at MICA, taught by my friend Jen, clay expert extraordinaire...and I am hooked!  I had purchased myself some clay a while back, because I got a starter kit for PMC (precious metal clay- it's clay that turns to silver when you fire it!!) but it's so expensive, I was afraid to use it until I felt comfortable with the medium, and polymer clay is the perfect tool to practice with!

needless to say, I haven't had much time to play around with it, but on Tuesday last week, I took a study break, and dove in head first! 

here are some of the fun designs I made, and fired in my oven when I got home :p




and now I've been sketching some ideas for resin jewelry that incorporates some clay pieces in it...I can not wait to have something done to post on here...but until then...here are some of the fun colors of clay I had bought a while back when it was on a super sale!



the workshop was put on by Etsy, MICA and the Baltimore Etsy Team (BEST) as part of the I Heart Art project!!

No comments: