Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday Inspiration

so I usually post something inspirational that I've found out on the internet somewhere, but this week I thought I'd share something that happened in my classroom :)


one of the first big discussions we had this year, was the topic of "why is art important"...I had been having my students write their own answers, and I started to see them get frustrated, because a lot of my students have trouble with literacy on both the reading and writing end...


so when I had one of my 1st grade classes come through, I decided we'd make a poster, that I would write their answers on...and have them all sign it.




the kids did a great job, and their answers were so creative!  and it looks so pretty hanging outside my room!


got this idea from CMae - she's a great Art teacher in Arizona...I highly suggest you check her out!



No comments: