Monday, October 29, 2012

hurricane-hermiting day 1

whew...almost 24 hours into the rain from Hurricane Sandy, and it is still coming down in buckets!  Right now my dishwasher is running, and I can still hear the rain over the noise...oh sorry, just was informed by the news that it's Tropical Storm Sandy...80mph instead of 92...still scary to me either way...


thankfully I had plenty of food to eat on hand, because roads are shut down except for emergency and police vehicles...along with the airport, and most of the bridges...




I also learned that over 100,000 people in Maryland are without power...so I have to count myself lucky that I still have electricity, and have been able to be productive today...but I am obsessively checking the basement for water, the ceiling for leaks, and the tree out back to make sure it's still standing...

here is a video from earlier today...before the conditions worsened...




and I am facing this natural disaster all alone...well me and the cats...but I keep getting messages from my neighbor down the street...think that B asked him to check in on me since he is away for work...how sweet :D




No comments: