Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sandy's aftermath

wow.  what a 72 hours it has been...between the gray and cloudy skies on Sunday to the torrential rains on Monday, to waking up to a basement full of water...I am so ready to be done with all the hurricane/tropical storm madness...







and I know that we got away with so much less than many people, the power only flickered once or twice...I still have heat, and the ability to make myself food and take a shower (oh yeah, I should take a shower...)


also...I have an intact house, car and even though I am so tired of being in the house...perhaps tomorrow I will venture out to get a few groceries, if there are any left in the stores...


and just look...how much rain we have gotten!  it's no wonder that I have a small pond in my basement...


and, even though it looks like a nuclear bomb exploded in there, I am making progress organizing my office...a task I have been at for, let's face it, like 4 years...I certainly will be more productive once I know where everything is...I hope!   right now you can't see the floor...as it is covered in lots of little piles- I've been told that people who are creative make piles...so it must be true!



and even though it's only 9pm...I am tucked safely in bed, cats all around me...several blankets on...with yet another day off tomorrow...and tomorrow is Halloween!








No comments: