Tuesday, November 06, 2012

perfect baked buffalo wings

I don't throw the word perfect around lightly...but these wings are simply perfection.


the quest to make wings started a few months back, when our go-to delivery place was taken over by people who don't know squat about running a restaurant.


so after pouting for a while, I decided that making them myself could be a healthier and more economical solution to our Sunday football dinners...



thus began the trial and error...some were undercooked...some stuck to the pan...some were too greasy...


then it was like the skies opened up...and the light shone down on me...and I heard angels singing...


put the wings on a cookie rack, on top of the tray!


it is a really simple recipe...and I have to say, I probably won't call for takeout wings ever again :)



**just a disclaimer- I really don't measure when I make these...so for those of you who need measurements, I'm sort of just estimating what I think I do :)




you'll need:
Chicken Wings
Butter
Wing Sauce
Salt
Pepper

directions:
pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees

in a mixing bowl, melt about 2 tablespoons of butter
to the butter mixture, add in the chicken wings, sprinkle with salt and pepper- as much as you prefer- and toss
add in 1-2 cups of wing sauce- just enough to coat them

I usually let this sit for 20-30 minutes, but the longer they sit, the more they'll marinate :)


bake for 45 minutes


all the extra grease drips off- it looks a little burnt in the picture...this was a time I put the heat too high...but the wings still tasted great :)  

voila!  eat and enjoy!  serve with celery and carrot sticks and Ranch- blue cheese is just gross ;)


okay- before I offend any blue cheese lovers here...when I worked in a restaurant in college I dropped a vat- yes it was like a 3-gallon jug of blue cheese all over myself...haven't been able to look at it since :p


so go my pretties...make wings and enjoy!


No comments: