Tuesday, January 22, 2013

eating clean...or at least trying to.

so now that I finally kicked this flu- or whatever it was...I finally got back on the treadmill, and yesterday I ran 3 miles.  Well I ran probably 1.5 and did the incline pyramid for the other half...that is something I started doing with my trainer- 3 minutes at each incline of 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15...which sounded a lot easier then it was!


but I know that I have more work to do then just working out...I have been taking a good hard look at what we've been eating, and I know it's time to try something new.


I came across this clean eating by way of the twitter feed of What I Wore, and I thought I'd give it a try...at least the best I can...not eating anything processed sounds great and all...but it is sure to be mighty expensive.

and...I can not give up coffee...so I think that shouldn't screw up the whole plan of trying to eat healthy...


last night I made pork chops that I marinated- the only thing that might not fit with that is the soy sauce that was part of the marinade...and oven roasted broccoli and sweet potatoes...delish :)



tonight I'm going to try out this recipe- Shrimp with Avocado and Mango Salsa


so wish me luck...I am hoping to feel a lot better in the process, and also, to make my workouts count for a lot more, then if I came home and ate pizza ;)


but there will still be pizza.  because, let's be serious, coffee and pizza make me happy ;)


No comments: