Thursday, August 23, 2012

can bats talk?

so that's a pretty random name for a post right?

right.



well it was inspired by my day today :)  since some school district that shall not be named...ahem...has yet to make a decision and wants the students to sit and wait for an art teacher...sigh...I decided to do something nice for myself and drove myself up to NJ to see the family :)

that has done wonders to fix my mood...and it's just nice to have a change of scenery...and when it's the familiar rooms and people that I love so much :)  it's good scenery




so what about the bats?


a typical activity when I go home is getting mah hair did...yeah, I know...I can't pull that off...so we went over to my cousin Melissa's house, and she gave me the highlight/cut my hair definitely needed...I was feeling a little blonde...so it's nice and light- perfect for summer :)


while I was sitting waiting for the color to process, we started talking about weird things kids say, or odd questions they ask...and she tells me that Peyton, her 6 year old daughter asked a doozy of a question the other day



apparently they saw a bat, which led her to ask:  "are bats real?"  with the follow up question of "can they talk?"


you've got to love the mind of a creative kid :)




oh, and here's my new hair do :)





and a super cool picture that they had up in their house- I guess it's our family crest?  is that what you call it?


** I was totally going to say happy weekend...but I realized it's Thursday...oops!


No comments: