Wednesday, August 22, 2012

the great closet clean-out of 2012

I like clothes...it is no secret.  Take a look inside my closet and you will see the evidence...

I have always been sort of a clothes hoarder...not really willing to get rid of stuff even when I can't remember when I last wore them...and since I have the luxury of a summer off...I needed to get my closet under control once and for all...I mean, I have a pretty sizable closet and two dressers...so in my mind, if it didn't fit, it was too much.

so B left for his two week trip to Brazil, and I figured what better time to pull out every last piece of clothing I own and go through them...one...by...one.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥



skip to four hours later...ALL the clothes are out on the bed.  ALL.  

I lovingly called it clothes mountain. 

and then the sorting process began.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

and then it was midnight...everything had been put away...including my 25 pairs of jeans- it seemed like a lot, but I had help from a fellow Lauren who assured me that 25 was not too many...love the rationalizing...thanks girl ;)

want to know what 25 pair of jeans looks like?


 the cats were happy to have their bed back...yup...their bed...everything in the house is theirs ;)

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥


so there you go...my closet was organized...I got rid of  some things- not as much as I'd like to...but for now, everything has a place, and my room feels SO much cleaner :)  


now I just have to keep it that way.


No comments: